Hi, guys! I’m back 😀
School has started and holidays are over. Maybe there are a lot of you who are not happy to start school just yet. So to make it fun, I want to share with you some makeup tips for school. Basically, this is what I worn for school for like two years in high school. Oh, and FYI, I’ve just graduated from high school this year! I can’t wait to attend university this August! 😀
So here’s my list of school-appropriate makeup!
Basic Makeup (You should not skip these steps)
- For school, you wouldn’t want to wear heavy makeup. Make it as thin and light as possible. You don’t want your friends think you’re wearing a mask, right?
- Never forget to wear moisturizer. You can pick ‘regular’ moisturizer or a tinted one. Just remember one thing, find a right type for your skin. Moisturizer is waaayy more important if you got air conditioned class, like mine. Your skin would get dry faster, so make sure you drink enough water 😉
- Oh, you also can’t forget sunscreen! UV rays can get through your class’ windows and just because it’s cloudy, doesn’t mean the UV rays are gone. Always wear enough sunscreen with enough SPF. For tropical countries, make sure you get at least SPF 30 so you get enough protection. And what I mean by wearing sunscreen is not only on your face. Apply it to all your exposed body. You might want to re-apply the sunscreen if you have outdoor activities, too.
- Wear lip balm. They’re fun! You can pick whatever kind of moisturizing lip balm you like. Probably those with SPF, too! You don’t want your lips to be unprotected, hm? My tip, pick ones with a nice scent, so you don’t get bored of putting them on your lips. If your school allowed you to, you can use those colored lip balm. I’d love clear or natural colored ones for everyday use, but sometimes you want to have a slightly bold lip color for hanging out, don’t you?
Additional (You can choose to wear or not to wear these products, also depends on your school’s rules)
- Foundation, BB Cream or CC Cream. I prefer BB or CC Cream, though. Choose a light-weight product for your base, make sure it is easy to blend. What I like from BB Cream is you can re-apply it as a concealer as well, so you don’t have to use many products. If you like to use foundation, you can always wear concealer to cover your imperfections. Make sure you blend your base makeup well.
- Blush and bronzer. You can pick powder or cream ones. I don’t normally use them, but if my face was pale that day, I would wear them to bring more colors to my face. For blush, search for a color similar to your cheeks’ when blush or pinched, so it seems natural. For bronzer, pick one or two shade darker than your natural skin tone. Apply them lightly and blend them well.
- Eye: Eyeshadow, eyeliner, and mascara. For eyeshadow, stick to earthy colored ones, and probably matte, too. Use eyeshadow only to contour and make your eyes pop. For eyeliner, pick between black and brown shades, depending on what color looks more natural for you. I would also recommend you to pick matte finished eyeliner. For mascara, I think it’s really okay to wear them to school. In fact, I sometimes wear them :p Pick one that looks natural on you, of course. Oh, and you would like to use waterproof and smudgeproof eyeliner and mascara to prevent accidental smokey eyes (re: raccoon eyes, your eyeliner and mascara all over the place) You can always use a good eye primer to make your eye makeup last longer.
- Lip color: Lipstick, lip stain/lip tint, etc. Well, for those products, I would recommend either matte or satin finished ones and also those which have long-lasting formula since you maybe would not have time to re-apply them between your classes.
- Eyebrow: Eyebrow pencil, powder and eyebrow gel. Feel free to use them, just make sure it looks natural on you 😉
Okay, so after my school makeup principle above, I would like to show you my version of school makeup 😀
Oh and anyway, please ignore my wet hair. I’m taking these photos during my morning routine, and yes, I do my makeup before doing my hair.
- First, apply moisturizer.
- Then apply your foundation or BB Cream.
- Set it with setting powder.
- Put on your lip balm.
That’s all I did in high school. So simple, easy and fast! 😉 But for you guys who want to put on more makeup, here’s the continuation.
- Put on your eyeliner, either black or brown, close to your upper lash line to create a natural look. You can also put on some mascara.
- Next, apply some brow gel to tidy up your eye brow.
- Apply a thin layer of blush or bronzer to add color to your face.
- Get your setting spray and you’re done! 😀
List of products I used:
- Etude House Dear Girls Be Clear Moisturizer
- Silkygirl Magic BB Cream in 01 Natural
- Marcks’ Beauty Powder in Crème
- Maybelline Baby Lips in Anti-Oxidant Berry
- L’Oreal Super Liner 12H Waterproof Gel Eyeliner in 02 Brown
- Vaseline Pure Petroleum Jelly Original (I applied it as brow gel)
- Face on Face Nourishing Blush On in Blooming Rose
- Mustika Ratu Oxigenated Spray
Okay, that’s all my natural makeup for school. If you want to add more color, feel free to use little bit of eyeshadow and colored lipstick. Just make sure that those makeup are appropriate and allowed to be used in your school.
I hope you enjoy this simple and easy look. See you next time, bye!